Wednesday, August 16, 2006

swedesplease: A chorus of robots cover I'm From Barcelona's hit "We're From Barcelona"

If you've been paying attention to this blog, you know I like me some joyous singing. Especially from large groups of Swedes.

Well, apparently, I'm not alone.

So, do a) robots and b) drunken Spaniards (full disclosure: I'm only 1/4 drunken Spaniard).

From fave music blog Swedes Please:

swedesplease: A chorus of robots cover I'm From Barcelona's hit "We're From Barcelona": "So are you one of the few who think that the Swedish band I'm From Barcelona is some kind of internet fad? A band that will disappear as quickly as they seemed to appear. A band with no substance, a band that somehow gamed the system to get 200,000 You Tube views (here's some of the many live videos of the band - these will bring a smile to your face), snuck in to a great write up in Pitchfork or is paying off bloggers to rave about them (where's my check!). If so perhaps some of the evidence to their staying power below will convince you to jump on the bandwagon.

Exhibit A: Drunken festival fans spontaneousley breaking into the hit 'We're From Barcelona'



Exhibit B: Cover songs popping up all over the place (including robots covering 'We're From Barcelona')

Maja - Treehouse

Adventure Kid - We're From Barcelona

Exhibit C: Pitchfork writeup

Exhibit D: Catbird Seat gives a qualified thumbs up.
"

No comments: