Monday, August 21, 2006

The Book I Read: Japanese Playboy

Found this little gem today. I could see playing this at the Bloom/King's wedding reception.

DOWNLOAD: Jans Lekman - 'A Sweet Summer's Night on Hammer Hill'

Amazing to me that there's all these fantastic little gems of songs waiting to be discovered and loved.

Happyhappyhappy.

The Book I Read: Japanese Playboy: "Moving on from butt-rock to cheese-pop, this little gem comes from Jens Lekman's release last year -- you know, the one w/ 'Maple Leaves.' While that song is darling, funny, a 'perfect pop gem,' , &etc., it was this track that really made me love the guy. The horn line, the shout out to Warren G and the summer of 1993, the drunken (?) chorus of singers (bum-ba-bum-ba-Bum-Ba-Bum-Ba-BUM-BA-BUM-BA-BUM), the whole house-party vibe; I still can't help but smile each time I hear it.

Jens Lekman - A Sweet Summer's Night On Hammer Hill"

1 comment:

Jenny Jump said...

Thankyou, I really enjoyed listening to Jens Lekman, totally cool! I'd love to hear a collaboration of Jens Lekman and Joel Veitch (rathergood.com), That'd be brilliant!