Monday, June 12, 2006

The Boy Least Likely To - Faith

From one of my faves. Peep their track 'Just be gentle with me'.

Pitchfork: Track Reviews: "The Boy Least Likely To: 'Faith'
genre: indie pop

Stream here

'The Boy Least Likely To Cover George Michael' makes a great joke headline, but the actual event works pretty well, too. The duo attacks Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou's original with banjo, handclaps, acoustic guitar, xylophone, toys, and two-part harmonies-- and comes out smelling of roses. Removed from Michael's ripped jeans, aviator sunglasses, slicked hair, gigantic cross earring, and Homer Simpson stubble (check YouTube if you don't know what I'm talking about), the song loses some of its lascivious qualities and becomes sort of sweet. 'Well I guess it would be nice/ If I could touch your body,' scandalous come-on for Georgie, is for these gentle lads but a shy bit of pining."

No comments: