Wednesday, April 19, 2006

polloxniner: You're Different From The Rest Of Them, Mr. K

So, I made my first friend in the 'blogosphere' yesterday. She even put me on her blogroll for the briefest moments. (Still very worried about abusing SeƱor Keener's bandwidth.)

I'm totally flattered and excited that she'd link to me.

PolloxNiner is another mp3 blog that I've been enjoying for the past year or so. She posted yesterday that she was looking for a particular mix of a Primal Scream track called 'Come Together' which I thought I could find but couldn't.

But she took a look and liked this site. Very cool. Like ha

"Sunny said...

Nice round-up of tunes. Putting you on my blogroll.
x"


polloxniner: You're Different From The Rest Of Them, Mr. K: "I had a period in college where I wore tight ripped Levi's jeans (embarrassing), drank Bartles & James wine coolers (even more embarrassing), and listened to obscene amounts of Primal Scream. Their music completely rocked my world -- and only later did I realize just how influential and watershed their album Screamadelica would be in music history, influencing rock patriots and underground dance music enthusiasts alike. I won't insult you by retelling the band's history but I will inform you that I'm more than thrilled about their upcoming LP Riot City Blues (more here). Much of the credit for Screamadelica went to producer Andrew Weatherall, and rightfully so. So much of the album's trademark groove and swagger is thanks to him. A perfect example, I'd say, is their psychedelic gospel rock anthem 'Come Together.'
*
Primal Scream - 'Come Together'
*
And speaking of Weatherall, I once had the Weatherall remix to this song but can't seem to find it anymore. If anyone has it, or knows where to buy it, please please please email me at polloxniner @ gmail.com or leave it in the comments section -- thanks."

No comments: